Keane’s of Maam Bridge
Keane`s Bar is one of the oldest licenced premises in Ireland, built in 1820 by Alexander Nimmo as his main residence while he designed the roads and bridges of Connemara. The bar has a long history of hosting many famous people over the years, Padraic Pearse(1916 Leader) and The Quiet Man wrap party was held here in 1952. The original `White`o morn`cottage is just 500 meters from the bar.
The bar serves hot beverages and food.
There is also a petrol station, convenience shop with in store cafe to enjoy a coffee and pastry and hardware store.
This is a great area for walking the Western Way, kayaking on the Corrib, discovering the Copper Mines,
visiting Grace o Malley`s Castle Kirk, connecting with the Wild Atlantic Way, cycling Lough NaFooey and taking in all the beauty of the area.